What better way to throw yourself into a project than to make a spider diagram and doodle? One evening I sat with my flatmate and her boyfriend and asked out loud "what am I good at?" their answers were a little helpful, one being 'organised' which could be something to consider when I brand myself!
I bit the bullet and wrote about what I think I am, and what I like. In an ideal world I would spend all day making memories on paper. I love nothing more than to scrapbook, make albums, follow Keri Smith's rules in How to be an Explorer of the World. I'm very sentimental and I like it when things can tell a story.
An interesting thing to look at (I thought) was to think about art projects I did at school that involved myself and my life and who I am.
The last project I did was focussing on Kate Nash's 'My Best Friend is You' album cover. I photographed myself with my favourite things, and then edited them with a high contrast and with a colour filter on top. From here I created several collages of these images alongside images of other objects that I love and ended up with some playfully sentimental pieces.
They don't really show me as a designer, but it's a start...


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment