Still in the topic of branding ourselves, the focus of this
workshop was to create a logo using our initials.
Had a go at drawing a few ideas out first but I always find
I get further by actually playing with the physical letters and moving the
shapes around until I find something to work with.
At first I thought ‘G and M? What a rubbish set of initials’
until I discovered circles. I really fell for the idea of simplifying the
letter shapes, turning them both into circles with a stick to differentiate
between the G and the M. Circles have connotations wholeness, protectiveness
and honesty, which I think is perfect for representing this company and
everything that they stand for.
Playing about with so many different ways of linking the G
and the M, I decided I wanted the G to be thicker than the M, and for them to be
the same size.



No comments:
Post a Comment